Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

I found a map of Jiangxi, the province where Mia is from. If you look up in the upper left hand corner to the left of Nanchang, you will be able to locate Tonggu, the county where Mia is........My agency said she was in foster care, but I think that she has probably been back at the orphanage since our referral... Clicking on the photo will enlarge it

I also found a Yahoo group for Tonggu families!! How awesome is that! I am so excited to get to know families who have children in the same orphanage. So far I know of two other families with our agency, whose children are from the same province, same orphanage. Possibly our children might even be "friends" and play together, that makes me feel so happy for her...I don't want her to be alone..*sniff*
Oh and another site I found, http://www.redthreadmaps.com/, where you can order maps of your child's province that they can customize for you, clothing, pictures, gifts...all kinds of things. It is definately worth a look see, I will probably order some things for around the house and her room...

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

I just met a family that were celebrating their first family day anniversary today. They happen to live in our town. Isn't that cool? And the child is from JiangXi. She's a cutie pie. Small world is an understatement.

Casa Bicicleta said...

So glad you found a yahoo group for your SWI. They will be very helpful to you before you travel and to Mia as she grows up.
This is getting exciting!
Leigh

jess said...

Dear Jen


I am so sorry I missed out on a couple of your blogs. I have been so busy with family matters and being out of town a few days. I really am excited for you. I am glad you are learning more about your Daughter and her back round.This can help you when you bring that bundle of joy home. keep the faith and I will keep you on the prayer list at church an dyou will remain and my prayers also.

God Bless
jess

Mom 2 six said...

We have a Mia too !

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hello from another Tonggu momma! Congrats on your referral. We came home with our Tonggu gal in 2005. The SWI Director has a reputation for truly caring about the children, which is such a reassuring thing, I know.

Jenny said...

Tonggu Momma, thanks so much for posting that. I have been a little anxious lately, wondering if Mia was ok...It helps to know that the director is truly caring about the children...