Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Until we leave.....3 weeks 5 days until we are with Mia. Where has the time gone? In full panic mode, dh and I realized that we are fully prepared with stuff for Mia while in China, food, clothing, toys, medicine, but we had practically nothing for when we return. Are we nuts? I think we were just so focused on on preparing for travel, packing for her, getting our final paperwork in..that we missed the boat, lol. I think our brains fell out of our ears on referral day and we didn't even notice, we were so happy.
Honest to God, I shake my head at our idiocy..So this weekend we went out and bought diapers, formula, bathing stuff and toys, all for when we come back, :o) My husband said at the store, "I just realized how unprepared we are". Huh, ya think?? Obviously we weren't thinking, it's not like this adoption snuck up on us. I mean, hello, it has only been our reality for the past 3+ years.

This does not bode well for our elderly years.....I had better get the name tags and notes with our address printed on them ready now...

10 comments:

Jacqui said...

Don't freak out too much to be so prepared. You can always go shopping when Mia is home with you too.

Although, I remember all too well that I wanted everything all finished and every project that popped into my head done before Roma came home. I had to resign myself to the reality that not everything will get done but the most important thing will be bringing our baby home.

3 more short weeks to go.

Christine said...

Holy cow, it is coming up so fast!!! And I very excited for you.

Gabrielle said...

As QJ says, Target will still be open when you come home! May I recommend www.diapers.com. Love their service and we love the Seventh Generation diapers. I can't wait to see you and Mia together!

Anonymous said...

We got home on a Fri night, hubby at Target when it opened for more onsies and a walker.

More important, email someone from China, what you need for food if you can and have them restock.

Premake and freeze as many meals as you can.

Wow you are so close,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sleep..
So happy for you all.

LDW

Sherri said...

I"m so very excited for you! It will be here before you know it!!

Sherri

Casa Bicicleta said...

Ahem...not to say I told you so, but who's been bugging you for at least a year to shop?!?!?!?! Who has been telling you to buy things here and there?

Oh right. That would be me. Told you so. ;-)

Have fun shopping. Can't wait, it's coming up real soon.
Leigh

Jenny said...

I know, I know...I think I posted about my notorious procrastination.
Well, in my defense, we had it in our minds that we would receive a referral for an older chil. Don't ask me why, when we asked for as young as possible. Anywho, so we did shop, for clothes that would fit an 18 to 24 month old, heh. So I have some 6/9 clothes, some 9 month, some 12 months and a whole lotta 18-24 months, Guess I will have to go shopping to fill in the gaps. What a shame... :o)

jess said...

dear Jen,
You will be fine. You and your husband will be preparedfor this. Is your family having a shower for you? I was just wondering.I think it would be a great Idea if you make meals for you and your husband before you leavethat will take a little bit of worry on the twoof you when you get back and you will be able to focus on Mia . I will continue to keep you and your husband in my prayers.

God Bless
Jess

Casa Bicicleta said...

Oh yeah, the shower! Are you reminding people about your 100 Good Wishes Quilt too???? You need more squares, right?
Leigh

Anonymous said...

We didn't one thing until we got our referral (I'm just odd). We had nothing but our sons crib and color swatches. Lots of stuff booknarked and on a wish list but nada............... in the house.

Really little ones don't need all that much.................

And it made the time before travel zoom. Ok I was a bit nauesous but it was fine:)

You will be fine, you are meeting your child. She is the only thing you need to have, that and a car seat.............. :)

LDW