Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
No, it's not the latest fashion or diet craze.....but it brought a smile to my face.

So I am at the local flower nusery, I was buying one of those silk flower crosses to put at my mothers grave. I am standing at the cashing register and this older man, gets in line behind me. He places something on the counter, I look down, it's this sheer looking bag and you could definately tell there were bugs crawling around inside, ALOT of bugs....I am sure my eyes got really BIG and I managed to croak out, "WHAT are those???"
The guys smiled and said they were Ladybugs!!! He said he buys them because they eat the Aphids off his tomato plants...

Ladybugs in a bag, can't beat THAT kind of Ladybug sighting!! :o)

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

You didn't turn around and go buy a bag for yourself? Let them free at your house and you'll have sightings ALL the time!

Casa Bicicleta said...

Oh my God Jenny, that is one heck of a sighting. It has to mean something! I hope you are marking these things on a calendar or something.

or...uh...your blog.

Sorry. Sometimes I type before I realize what I am saying.

Leigh

Jenny said...

Ahh man, QJ!! After you posted, I was like, S*&T, Why didn't I think of that, geeze!!!LOL. I could kick myself.

Leigh,
I know,right? A whole fricken bag of ladybugs!! I am hoping the rumor of the 14th is right!!
That would mean CCAA would only be 10 days away from my LID!!

SQUEEEE!!!!!!

Gabrielle said...

I bought ladybugs in a bag and put them in my garden a few years back, but for the last few years we have been rebuilding, so no bugs. Yay....10 more days? That would be amazing.

Christine said...

Hey, love that, ladybugs in a bag. Manny always says, "Nobody's scared of ladybugs, mom. Everybody loves ladybugs." I think of you when he says that. I saw ladybugs in a box at the feed store the other day! Hows about that??! It is an excellent sign.

Christine