Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
I haven't posted in a while, well, since referrals last came out. I feel like I am in a holding pattern right now...circling the runway until we are told we can come in for a landing...I checked China Adoption Forecast for the umpteenth time, still says to expect a referral on 7-30-09. I would be excited, because that is just three months away, however, it keeps getting pushed back, due to the small amount of LID's being referral, I am in referral hell, lol.

On a personal note, my sister in Illinois "might" have breast cancer. She has to have some scans done, so they won't know for sure, for a week or so I guess ....I can't think about that right now..it's just too much, we don't have the greatest relationship at the moment, but she is still my sister...sucks big time.

I've been missing my mom a whole lot, last week I was a mess, I am better this week..There are times when I still expect her to be here, it's a bitter pill to swallow knowing she is not, but I guess it's just a part of grieving, acceptance......

I wish I had some happy or uplifting things to post, but I just don't have it right now. I am not looking for pity or anything and I hate to be whiny or griping about the hand that life has dealt my family recently, just needed a place to put some words down, it helps sometimes.....

If you'll allow for a little melancholy...The song track posted above is dedicated to my mom....miss you...love you....until we meet again....

2 comments:

Casa Bicicleta said...

Jenny,
I was just thinking about you. Have you been reading RQ lately? She has posted a whole bunch of things about what to bring on your pick up trip (as far as toys and such) and today was all about attachment--though I have an issue with her not recommending the PC book....
I am so sorry about your Mom Jenny. At such an important moment in your life, the moment when your daughter finally joins your family, your Mom isn't there. That just has to hurt so bad. I am so sorry.
Listen, my sister had breast cancer so if--God forbid--your sister has a positive diagnosis, e-mail me and we can talk. there are some things you need to know.
Hang in there hon. We should see some rumors by the end of the week and we can start planning a little better.
hugs Jen
Leigh

Jenny said...

Hey Leigh,

I have been reading it and I also thought she would mention the PC book...I plan on packing it, do you think that is a good idea?
We do have the stacking cups and stuff. I wanted to take the baby sesame street Grover that I found, was my favorite character when i was little. DH seems to think it will scare the hell out of her, lol. It just might, but Grover is SO cute! I might bring him just for me lol.

I'll definately let you know what happens with my sister. The doctor said he is concerned with one of the lumps, which appears to be a deep tissue lump...I'd google it, but I am not sure I want to.

Thanks for the support and the hug
Hugs right back at ya...