Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Kim, our referral contact from Great Wall China Adoptions, called to see how we were doing. I said we were doing ok, but last year was really hard for us, with the wait and all. She said, that CCAA has about 120 families a month, withdrawing from the program. Kim said she doesn't know if that will affect "us", since we are so close to referral. Did I really say "close"?? I guess having a year to go, IS getting close in the China adoption world. Hah! She did stress though, that China's IA program is in no threat closing down, so that's a good thing! Kim also said that, she has had a lot of March '06 families withdrawal as well. Knowing that March '06 is a big month, it makes me wonder if that will impact us. Kim did say that we "should" have a referral by the end of the year and travel sometime in early '09. Rich doesn't believe it, but I think only time will tell. I do think that we are closer now, rather than farther away, I could also be delusional.
If what she said, is true, I can only hope this year goes fast!! Heck, it's already the end of February!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey SISSY!!!! I am glad to hear that. Just stay strong and it will happen. Like you said it's already the end of February. Time is flying by sooooo fast. Just think I am going to be 37 in March.I really want it to slow down, but NOOOO it has to speed up. I am glad that people are walking away. I know I shouldn't say that but If that means it's going to get you and Rich closer to Mia, then by all means everyone should cancel. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. All my Love P.J.