Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
I know....I know....I can almost see you guys shaking your fingers in shame, at me ( I need that little emoticon from the Ducky Board), but anyone who knows me, knows that I am a notorious procrastinator....Really, I am horrible.....If it didn't scare me more to NOT finish her room now, I would probably wait until the night we were due to leave for China to finish it and be in full panic mode, lol. What is wrong with me? Have I not come out of the wait fugue yet? Am I still in denial that this is finally going to happen??? Honest to God I am almost ambivalent, totally shameful....Is this what 3+ years of waiting does to you????

On a side note, we went to our second TRFCC meeting last night (thank you Leigh for encouraging us to join one). Had a GREAT time and met some new people and got re-aquainted(is that really a word? Jacqui?) with people we had met at the first meeting...What I think I loved the most was spending quality time with people who have been there, done that! So much information to be had and they really are great people.

Ahh, well, it's almost 10pm here and I have to get a load of laundry in. I have been saying that I was going to do a load since 8pm, but the procrastinator in me took over..lol. Hmmmm, House Hunters International is on, maybe just a quick peek, heh.

7 comments:

jess said...

Dear Jen,
I believe they call this nesting:)
this is what happens soon before you give birth to a child.I think you are doing it in your own way. I did it before having my own child.I think I have my husband now looking into adopting a child since I can not have any more. You have been a real trooper through all of this and now I am thinking about taking that journey to. We are still in the talking stage but I tell him about your family and I think I have him on my side to adopted. We would like a little girl.I know that things will happen real soon. Keep the faith and I will keep the prayers coming your way. God Bless

Jess

Jacqui said...

Jenny, yes it's a word but you don't need the hyphen.

reacquaint - familiarize anew; "We reacquainted ourselves with this technique"

Can we see pics of the progress of the room?

Christine said...

Please don't procrastinate posting photos of the room, Jenny. Please. I relate on the procrasting. I can be that way. I am at my parents' house and these two procrastinate nothing. How did I come by this wacko trait? I am the black sheep, an freak stray gene in the pool. Their house is the cleanest in all of America, maybe the whole world. My house is....not. Oh well. You, lovely, are about to put all of the wondering and waiting behind you. I went to a wedding last weekend and I practiced all my best moves ;0)

Christine

Gabrielle said...

Oh, Jenny, I am sure you are a mix of emotions now that the time is approaching for you to meet your Mia. I can't wait to share in the joy and yes, pictures of her room, please :)

Casa Bicicleta said...

Jenny, you and Jacqui are two peas in a pod it would seem. Oh wait, there's Chrisser in there too. Don't procrastinate too long, there is so much that has to be done right before you travel, you'll be amazed. Get done what you can RIGHT NOW! I hope the people at your meeting gave you an idea of what to pack.
Leigh

Sister PJ said...

Oh dear Sissy.. I do believe it's called nesting.. lol. *bang *Bang
It's a sooo sureal right now. my heart just smiles when i think of you and rich getting Mia.. I just wish i could be there for the first time when you hold her in your arms (yes I am tearing up).. So close now.. only a couple of weeks.

Sister PJ said...

Oh dear Sissy.. I do believe it's called nesting.. lol. *bang *Bang
It's a sooo sureal right now. my heart just smiles when i think of you and rich getting Mia.. I just wish i could be there for the first time when you hold her in your arms (yes I am tearing up).. So close now.. only a couple of weeks.