Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
I haven't posted in a while, I know. I hope anyone who reads this blog would understand....

Well...my mother passed away on October 31st. The months preceeding that, were spent in daily visits to the hospital, surgeries and praying for a miracle. Then, when the doctors could do no more for her, the days were spent caring for her at home until it was time for her to go...

She passed peacefully and with all seven of her children by her side. Her husband of 42 years, my dad, holding her hand, whispering to her how it was ok to go and how much he loved her, will be forever etched on my heart... I miss her so much...if I could just hold her hand and see her smile..one more time...

My heart aches because I know that she never got the chance to see me bring my daughter home, she wanted that so much...but I vow my daughter will know my mother's smile, will know of the great love she had for her, even though she never go to meet her...

My family is devastated, but we go on. My father is heartbroken, but he takes it one day at a time...I didn't think I would be able to write about this, to express how I am feeling, but if I could make just one person see what a wonderful and wise woman she was, how she lived for her children, the joy she had seeing her grandchildren and great-granchildren be part of her world, well it eases the pain...just a little...

I miss you, mum, more than you could possibly know....

5 comments:

Colette said...

Jenny...I am so sorry! I posted something on the duckie board. My heart aches for you. As I sit here I cry with you. You mom will be with you forever...trust that...and know that she is watching over you...I know we want to know why bad things happen...lord knows I did...just trust in Him...stay strong, and know that I am here when ever you need to chat! coco1971@verizon.net hugs

Jenny said...

Colette

thanks so much for your condolences. As selfish as we are, we all want her here with us, but we know she is in a better place.
I hope all is well with you and Julian is becoming quite the young man!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sissy.
I read your blog and it brought tears to my eyes.. Our mother was amazing and i do also miss her sooo much. I would do anything for one more hug, one more encouraging talk..... One last smile... I just hope and pray that i can become the woman that she would be proud of.
I would like to think that maybe, just maybe she went away so she could go and pick mia for you.. a very special child. Mia will know her grandmother, She will hear all the stories: the funny, the sad. Mia will come to love her just like Mom came to love Mia before she even met her.
Take heart Sis, our love for our mother will never dwindle, and it will never fade. It will only grow as we tell our kids about an amazing woman.
Love you
Your Baby Sis. P.J.

Jenny said...

lol, now you brought tears to my eyes!!

Oh BTW, she was very proud of you!!
Never doubt that! I am proud of you too!

Colette said...

Ok...you both made me cry! Hugs